If you desire counseling for yourself, your marriage, or your relationship, we applaud you. Dr. Pam Russell, LLC. employs Christian, faith-based methodology in our counseling program. The process in Christian counseling is essentially the same as in other counseling, but the tools used sometimes differ. How to incorporate spiritual beliefs into the counseling experience varies from client to client and from therapist to therapist.
We believe the Lord leads us in our technique. You, the client, are the best person to determine how much and in what way spiritual beliefs are incorporated into your therapy. Your and our priority is to see you accomplishing goals, live your dreams, and love your life.
We deliver the professional knowledge and experience to make educated decisions. Our work ethic is founded on worthwhile, necessary traits and qualities. We produce results that represent our highest priorities, deeply held beliefs, and foundation for how we live.
Our core values define what we believe as a company and how we want our services to resonate with and appeal to our clients, our employees, our partners, and the world.
Our Counseling Methodology
As a Christian counselor, I have a unique advantage of being able to approach issues holistically based on three dimensions—body, mind and spirit. Secular counseling often neglect the spiritual dimension entirely, or give very little credence to its impact on your life. A biblical understanding of how we’re made, as physical, psychological and spiritual beings, means all three of these dimensions play an important part in our health and happiness.
I do not treat people as products of impersonal chance. I recognize that you have been uniquely created by a loving, caring and healing God. If you or someone you love is in need of counseling, where do you turn? I am here for you.
- Our Foundation
- Our Strategy
- Our Process
- Our Goal
Although Christian counselors often use skills from the field of secular psychology and counseling, they recognize that the Bible, not psychology, is the final authority. "His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and goodness" (2 Peter 1:3). Our Christian counseling strategy is to help our clients come into a knowledge of the truth. As they believe it and obey it, they are transformed and made free. When people are made free, they live a peaceful life, not without stressful moments but with the ability to deal with them in a healthy fashion.
Christian counselors use the Bible as an absolute standard to measure their objectives and evaluate their counselee's lifestyle. They see the Bible as the source of all truth. 2 Timothy 3:16-17 says, "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work." The Bible and the standards it represents never change. There is a great security in knowing the decisions made are not only the best at the time, but will still be the best 1, 5, 10 etc. years from that moment. Biblical principals do not vary based on the latest psychological findings or societal norm.
• Identifying God's divine purpose for your life.
• Identify what the Bible says about your relationship with God.
• Describe what the Bible says success looks like.
• Consider who you could be in light of God's word.
• Honestly look at how you make decisions in and for your life.
• Assess your current status to create a starting point.
• Use the Bible to help you create S.M.A.R.T. life goals.
• Helping you realize that simply understanding what the Bible says isn't sufficient.
• Standing in agreement with you to apply the word to your life so you are transformed into the image God planned.
• Implement a personal spiritual strategic plan to help track progress in achieving the goals you see in the word.
• Through prayer and discipline, use your plan as a stepping stone not a stumbling block.
• Keep you focused and break down some of the goals into smaller actions if necessary.